Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dairy Queen Oshkosh - Murdock



Upon prompting from one of my favorite readers I decided to give Dairy Queen's curds a try.

So I ordered 2 orders of cheese curds from Dairy Queen Wednesday night as it had been a while since my last blog post.

Fast food curds generally are almost in a different class as I don't expect much out of them, but for the purposes of this blog, I will rate all cheese curds by the same criteria.

These curds had a nice golden color to the breading and were cooked fairly well. They could use a bit more crunch in the breading, but were not soggy by any means. These curds had a nice saltiness to them, but I felt it might have been forced, like they just dumped a bunch of salt on them after they came out of the fryer. The cheese was very good for a fast food place. When I get up the courage to go to Culver's for cheese curds you'll read a good rant about how bad things can get. So Dairy Queen does well on the quality of cheese by fast food standards and even fairly well overall. My grading on these curds is a 6.5 out of 10. If there was a separate scale for fast food curds it would be higher.

On a side note I jokingly called myself a food blogger for the first time last night. While technically true, it was just a joke.



No comments:

Post a Comment